Omaha? Yes, Omaha!
Walkable and affordable, you’ll be amazed at all that’s happening in Omaha. Whether you’re interested in art or nature, food or beer, kid-friendly or budget-friendly options, you’ll find it here.
Art & Museums
- Durham Museum: Explore an art deco train station and enjoy an authentic soda fountain malt.
- El Museo Latino: Visit the first Latino art, culture and history museum in the Midwest. FREE!
- Hot Shops Art Center: Browse all things molten, from glass blowing to blacksmithing.
- Joslyn Art Museum: Stroll through an extensive indoor art collection or a unique outdoor sculpture garden and arboretum. FREE!
- KANEKO: Explore art, design, architecture and more at this "open space for your mind." FREE!
- Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum: Get a close look at aircraft and spacecraft you won’t find elsewhere.
- Bob the Bridge: Stroll over the Missouri River on this 3,000 ft. pedestrian bridge and connect to miles of nature trails. FREE!
- First National Sculpture Parks: Discover 100+ individual bronze sculptures integrated within an urban environment that covers more than six city blocks. FREE!
- Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium: Visit TripAdvisor’s 2014 Top Zoo in the World.
- Lauritzen Gardens: Find the garden for you – roses, woodland trails and model trains are just a few options.
Food & Fun
“Omaha ranks eighth among the nation’s 50 largest cities in both per-capita billionaires and Fortune 500 companies. No coastal city can claim a ranking as high as Omaha on both lists.” –USA Today
Omaha Fast Facts:
- Population of the Omaha Metro Area is 952,018.
- Omaha is the largest city in Nebraska, 41st largest city in the U.S.
- The name means “those going against the wind or current.”
- Four Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Omaha.
- Drive time from Omaha’s airport to downtown is less than 10 minutes.
- The average meal in Omaha is $2.50 less than the national average.
- MTV ranked Omaha #2 in the world for up-and-coming music cities.
- Omaha Steaks, a family-owned business since 1917, has grown to become the nation’s largest direct marketer of high quality steak and frozen gourmet products.
- Union Pacific’s Harriman Dispatching Center assists in monitoring a nationwide railroad network composed of 25,707 miles of track and up to 2,200 trains.
Discover more reasons to visit Omaha!