Established in 1983, the Structural Building Components Association (SBCA) is the only international trade association representing manufacturers of structural building components.
Its membership also includes truss plate suppliers, original equipment manufacturers and resellers, computer software companies, lumber suppliers, builders and professional individuals in the fields of engineering, marketing and management.
Benefits of Membership
- Stay up-to-date on industry advances and benefit from industry peers across the nation through SBC Magazine and its weekly SBC Industry News email. Learn from the SBC Research Institute, the industry’s state-of-the-art, ANSI ACLASS ISO 17025 accredited testing facility.
- Work collectively with your peers and participate in the decision-making that will help shape the future for your industry. Network at SBCA Open Quarterly Meetings, local chapter meetings and other events that provide opportunities for members to interact and discuss the latest trends and challenges in the industry.
- Be informed through educational webinars, certifications and training programs, all aimed to help members protect and grow the market.
- Take advantage of member pricing on more than 100 products and services offered through the SBCA Products and Program Catalog as well as significant savings to attend or exhibit at BCMC.
- Utilize SBCA’s workforce development resources to explore ways to attract people to careers in the industry, assess candidates and educate employees to achieve ongoing success. Be an active part of the industry to help recruit and train the next generation of this growing workforce community.
Be part of the only trade association for component manufacturers as it guides the industry to the next level of market growth and progress.There are two ways to join SBCA:
- Download an Application - Review the benefits of membership and return the application by mail or fax with credit card information to 608-274-3329. Refer to the SBCA Chapters section for membership information on local chapters in your area, too.
- Request a paper copy of the application by mail along with additional materials and samples from SBCA staff.
“Ready access to expertise is the biggest value you get out of being a member of SBCA. You’re just a click, call or meeting away from a lot of knowledge on the majority of topics your business addresses on a daily basis. As SBCA members, we know we have resources when we need them and plenty of opportunity to connect with people who can share their experiences and are willing to help each other along.” – Jack Dermer • American Truss Systems • Houston, Texas
“As we encourage architects and structural engineers to engage in a business partnership with component manufacturers, we’re lucky to have the valuable resources of SBCA to rely on.” – Tim Snyder • Universal Forest Products • Hudson, New York
“I would not be as good at what I do if it wasn’t for the great people in SBCA. It is a privilege to be part of such a great organization.” – Rick Parrino • Plum Building Systems • Waukee, IA